What is Telehealth?
Telehealth allows healthcare professionals to securely conduct services remotely via video conferencing. Telehealth meetings will allow your healthcare provider to give support to you in the comfort of your own home. Insurance companies are approving telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means you can easily meet and interact with your healthcare provider via phone, tablet or computer.
Why Should You Take Advantage Of Telehealth?
- Access to specialized healthcare professionals to address your needs.
- To maintain and continue making progress on current treatment plans.
- Support for establishing new or changing routines by meeting regularly with the provider.
- Specialized healthcare professionals will provide client-specific feedback for any new concerns that
may arise from the Shelter in Place order.
- Minimize Potential exposure to COVID-19 by reducing in-person visits with health care professionals.
How to Prepare For a Successful ABA Teleconference Meeting
- Make an appointment with your healthcare
- Download the appropriate app or conferencing software (e.g. Zoom, Doxy).
- Have questions prepared in advance.
- Check to see if your internet connection speeds meet the minimum requirements for teleconferencing.
- No internet? Call local providers to see what they can offer during this time.
- Ask your clinician for an agenda for the meeting and prepare all materials that will be needed ahead of time.
- Check your microphone and video before the meeting begins.
- Create a quiet space where you can focus and are able to hear your provider (e.g. use headphones).
- Prepare to participate in roleplay activities, parent training, and observations of session.
Juvo is Here for You
The Juvo team remains here for you through everything. Whether it be in person or through telehealth, or trained staff is working hard to provide the best care under any circumstances. Contact us today to find out which service will be fit your needs.