Ten Tips and Tricks to Have A Successful Day Sheltering in Place
While we all have to stick together and stay at home to keep everyone safe, it doesn’t mean you can’t still have a fun and successful day. There are plenty of fun activities to do while maintaining social distancing guidelines. Try out a few of these tips and tricks to make the most of your days while sheltering in place.
1. Have an open conversation with your loved ones about the new and changing expectations.
2. Stay connected by scheduling calls and video chats with your friends and family.
3. Prepare a schedule for yourself and your child. Try to schedule personal time for both yourself and your kids.
4. Plan and engage in indoor physical activities such as yoga, dancing and gonoodle.com songs.
5. Allow more time for you and your children to engage in leisurely activities such as screen time.
6. Plan and engage in safe outdoor activities such as chalk walks, scavenger hunts, and fun science activities.
7. Be flexible with unexpected changes to your routine.
8. Teach your kids new independent living skills, such as independently preparing a healthy snack.
9. It’s okay if you are having a difficult time, remember to take a deep breath and give yourself a break
10. Rely on telehealth services to continue accessing your families’ support providers